Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Casualty report: Podguide.tv


One of the early video podcast pioneers has called it quits.

"I still think the video podcast, as an emerging medium is one of the most exciting forms of entertainment currently being created, and I'll remain a viewer, if not a reviewer :)"

I've enjoyed learning about new video services through PodGuide. It will be interesting when and where this idea resurfaces. However, this field is so fertile... the makers of PodGuide have a bright future producing new, high-impact services for clients like Ford.

"For anyone interested, one of the reasons that PodGuide.TV wound down was the long hours I spent working as one of the Creative Directors who created the videoblogging project for Ford - Ford Bold Moves. A lot of the things I learnt while watching all those podcasts and videoblogs already out there informed our thinking when it came to defining the site functionality. Although I've now moved on to other projects (including a very cool video podcast idea for a major newspaper), Ford Bold Moves will continue, at least until he end of 2006, so check it out, and let me know what you think. I believe it's a brave step for Ford, and kudos to the entire team who put it together, including JWT, Radical Media and the guys at GMDStudios."

No comments: